Terry over at Through the Lens of My Life nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, and I am so thankful and super excited. It feels like I’ve won an Oscar, especially being so new to blogging. Terry has an amazing eye for her photography, and is so creative! You have to stop over and see the wonderful things she’s doing, you won’t be sorry.
The One Lovely Blog Award recognizes blogs considered to be lovely, written by bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. The nominees are chosen by fellow bloggers, and the nominations are presented to new and up-and-coming bloggers. The purpose of the award is to not only give recognition, but to help the new blogger reach more viewers as well.
If nominated, in order to “accept” the award, you must follow these guidelines:
* Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
* Add the One Lovely Blog logo image to your acceptance post.
* Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
* Nominate about 15 (I have seen 10 as a suggestion as well) bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Things about me
- My daughter and I share the same birthday (September 11).
- I love photography and editing, but I have to be in the mood to be very successful. I should really take pictures more regularly.
- I still have not decided what I want to be “when I grow up”. It’s much too hard to choose just one thing.
- I’m a card carrying member of the International Independent Showman’s Association (Carnival Worker’s), but I don’t work for a carnival.
- I hate cold weather, I’m a big weenie about it.
- I love technology, but have been trying to use it with thought instead of just killing time.
- I went on my first retreat in September, and it was like nothing I’ve ever experienced! (I will write about it soon)
Now that we have that difficult task complete (it really is hard talking about yourself sometimes), let’s nominate some of my favorite blogs, I’m gonna stick with 10 instead of 15. This has turned out to be harder than talking about myself! Without further ado, in alphabetical order:
If any of my nominees decide not to accept the award because they’ve already received it or they just don’t want to participate, that’s fine too. Please accept my nomination as recognition for your work, and an atta girl or atta boy! 🙂 I find your blog interesting, most of these for different reasons, but mostly because each of you inspire me in some way. Thank you for that!
If you are a nominee and decide to accept the award, you can use the One Lovely Blog logo above that was presented to me.
Thanks again to Terry for the nomination, I feel like a million bucks! Please stop by Through the Lens of My Life, you really won’t be disappointed!